Getting pregnant after I had a IUD removed by D & C....

I recently had a IUD removed by having a D&C. My question is, how long does it take to get pregnant usually after and IUD removal plus a D&C? I have had my first period 3 weeks after the D&C it only lasted 3 days which that is normal for me. Thanks for any comments, suggestions or answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Whats D&C?
    I was told your fertility returned immediately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• You'll want to wait a while because of the D&C... your uterus will need to heal in case of any scraping and such. Give yourself a couple of normal periods to make sure that you are not going to have any problems because of the procedure. Sometimes they can leave scarring. This can be problematic when trying to conceive.

I know you would be anxious to start trying right away... but by giving your body time to heal and you a chance to ensure nothing major is going to effect the pregnancy- this will help to ensure that your pregnancy is safe! Start protecting that baby now!

Good luck.

HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• well i got my iud removed in feb this year and i was prego in March so it does not take long at all.. :) well for me it didnt anyways
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2009