Is anyone else shocked to see how many racists are have come out of the wood works recently?

I don't know if I have just been sheltered all of my life or just didn't want to see, but in the last year, it seems like everyone's true nature has come out. It is actually sad. And its not just whites on blacks or blacks on whites, its everyone. I am blown away by it really...

Anyone else shocked????

For those of you who are like that, do you have a reason that can be explained? I don't want to bash AT ALL and I hope no one else does it either. I just really like to hear all sides of these things because apparently I need a better understanding of the world I am living in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• popcorn Politics and race... wonder how this one is gonna turn out.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I dont have a problem with race, but you must see that Obama isn't helping the matter at all. With him trying to protect all of his black friends when they were clearly in the wrong. Yeah thats enough to make anyone angry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• OP here- Hopefully, they don't start fighting... I just read a post where the mamas were fighting over animal related stuff...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'm not a politics person so I haven't figured out if all of this has to do with him personally and his policies or if we as a country just weren't ready for this step yet... I hope in the end whether he proves himself good or bad we all come together better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

What black friends did he protect? and of course its Obama's fault, everything magically is...the economy was peaches and cream til he stepped in, oh and foreign relations were on could 9.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Hate to break it to you, BUT, most people have no issue with Obamas race. Its his POLICIES.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• no, racism has existed since the beginning..groups of people from different backgrounds have always ''been' superior/inferior to another, depending on which group you're from. its not a new concept, and sadly, i don't think it will go away.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I agree with sweet, even though I am republican. Things were already pretty bad before last November. Unfortunately anyone would have been in the hot seat right now. Maybe things will start looking up soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• PP- open dialogue without name calling, crap spewing and bickering would be nice.

My biggest shock- so many adult woman who clearly care not 1 bit about their fellow man. They all chant love of country, but a country is a collection of her ppl, and if you can not find 1 good thing to say about your neighbor, or anyone who does not have the exact same lifestyle and values as you, wow is all I can say. Close your... and open your eyes we are a collection of different ppl-

Self- centered and closed minded does not generally dialogue well with others- too bad it also extends misery.

Miserable, spoiled ppl, who want to bully others. Compromise, others before 1 self? Their way or the highway!!

No wonder this counrty is where it is today-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• shrugging

BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2009