what do you think, has being original gone too far?

I read the post about weird/ugly names. And I was wondering what ya'll think, has people that want too be original going too far? I mean do they even think of how the child is going to be affected if you name them, slutie (slutty), or Violence?
whats yalls opinion?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The names that you listed are pushing it too far, IMO. I actually (YES, IN REAL LIFE) met a girl named Chandelier. I thought that was a bit extreme also.

HOWEVER, I am a huge fan of unique and unusual names in general. My DD's name is Michaelah Storm and all of my kids will have at least one "unusual" name. I don't think that any child is going to have serious long-term issues from having a name that isn't common...

I once met a guy named He-Man. That was his REAL name, given to him at birth. He loved his name. LOL.

This is just MY OPINION.
    NIKopotamous

Answer by NIKopotamous at 9:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i liked the name anexandria, but i ended up with Klarissa and i still love it :)
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 9:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I had to send my son's birth-cert. back twice... I spelled his name differently
    Jaekob. I don't like shortened names so I spelled it so there is no way to get jake out of it.. ]my gramma has wanted jacob in the family for years, so I let her name him, she named my daughter too, Paige.
    leftylucy81

Answer by leftylucy81 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• don't be so sure someone won't call him 'jaek'..
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I personally hate "unique" names. I work in the schools, and I think all the absurdly spelled names are just annoying and difficult for the child to learn and the teacher to remember. I really hate it when the names don't follow the basic principles of English. For example, I saw someone on here who want to name her child Lee but spell it "Leah."
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I don't mind most unique names. Some are very cute. But I feel bad for children that have very unique names that no one can say right. I feel like a dork asking my 9 yr old how to say her friends names. And then trying to do invitations with unique spelling names is hard!
    Where I live they do have rules on what you can name your child. Like you can't name your child the F word or any other offensive words.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2009