painful sex after episiotomy

I had my baby 5 months ago, had an episiotomy and now seems very tight and even with lubrication, uncomfortable during sex. Anyone else go through this after one? Is it part of the healing process or do you think it will always be this way?? Very uncomfortable./

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my little one 2 months ago and am having the same problem. I hope it does go away sometime soon. I asked my doctor and he said it will take time for me to heal completely so its going to hurt for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I had the same trouble but it is slowly going away either because of time or because of (how do i put this?) use? lol

it's been 5 months, but i notice that if i consciously relax down there, it still hurts, but not nearly as much and every time it has gotten better than the time before. he just needs to be careful for the first few minutes and then we are good to go.

khatcat

Answer by khatcat at 3:14 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i had that problem but now im good dd is 6 months i didnt really have pain, it just felt like it was ripping during sex.... they might have stiched you up wrong if it doesnt go away soon...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2009