How do you deal with insomnia?

This is my second pregnancy kind of close to the first one together with some other major changes in the family- health problems, moving out....- plus I had been breastfeeding my first for the first three months of it and to sum it up I have been missing a lot of sleep for over a year and a half now. For the past couple of weeks I found myself unable to sleep even if I got the chance to. I am really excited about my second birth - the birth not the labor!!- but there must be a way to make me relax! Unfortunately I dont seem to have much personal time as I am fully caretaking my restless 1 and a half baby girl! Anybody else having the same problem? (OK, I may drink one or two cups or coffee but only in the morning )
My due date is Sept. 12.... still some nights to go!!

septembercoffee

Asked by septembercoffee at 9:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well ur due date is really close to mine, im the 15th. but I don't think its called insomnia when ur this far along, my doctor told me to try walking a couple of hours b4 bed so I can be tired, or he said to clean something or wash some cloths...and that has kinda helped, but Ive noticed the closer I get the less sleep i get
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I think its ur body getting ready for the baby
    Lovin_mybaby5

• Get off the computer!!!

Seriously. The stimulation your brain gets from being online makes it difficult for your brain to move into its state of relaxation. At least and hour (more is better) before you are ready for bed... close up shop. Shower, have a drink, sit and let your body fully relax. Reading is better if you feel like you need to keep busy. A book, actually. If your insomnia is bad enough- even magazines are designed to be overstimulating for your senses. :0)

Light a relaxing candle, read your baby books, have a cool drink of water... you'll be ready for bed soon enough.

Sorry... nothing you can do about being uncomfortable and having to pee at this point. That is just life. :0)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am due the same day and also get no sleep. If I'm not up peeing, or trying to find a comfortable position then I'm having Braxton Hicks. If you find a good solution let me know but at this point I think it's just the way it goes.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 10:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2009