How do I keep my son a sleep

My son is two in half now. Ever sence he was born he has not been able to sleep threw the night. I lay him down at bed time and he falls a sleep, but no matter what some time in the night he ends up in my bed. Will he grow out of it our do I need help him grown out of the habit.

evansmom446

Asked by evansmom446 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he comes to your bed, take him back to his bed and tell him night night. Give him a toy he likes and tell him he needs to stay in his bed. The next time he gets up, don't say anything. Just take him and put him back in his bed. This may take many times of taking him back to his bed, but don't give in. Keep taking him back. This will be rough the first night or two, but he will realize you need business. I learned this from watching the show SuperNanny, and it really works. After a few horrible nights, he will know he has to stay put.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• if you put a fan on (not blowing on him cuz you don't want him sick) the noise blocks out other noises that could be waking him up. a box fan outside the door is good. ceiling fans are too quiet most of the time so that probably wouldn't work.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• sounds like your kid is just used to being with you in the middle of the night. He knows you'll just let him into your bed, so he just comes. It's a habit now, he probably thinks it's a perfectly normal thing to do because he's been sleeping with you since he was born. You're going to have to teach him to stay in his own bed through the night.
    p3rdone

Answer by p3rdone at 10:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2009