food at a dinner party? (in food & drink forum also)

At the insistance of my 5 yo ds, we're having a dinner party Monday night. He wanted to do this b/c we eat dinner at my parents' house regularly but they don't come here much. Attendees will be my parents, three brothers, and possibly a friend of mine. Oh, plus me and the kids. Dh will be at work. So 8-9 ppl, some of whom are pretty big eaters. I'd like for ds to be able to help some since this is "his" party. He'd like this as well. Maybe an appetizer to have ready for everyone to snack on as others arrive and then a main course, a side dish, a salad, and some type of bread. Anyone have any specific but great suggestions/ recipes??

rachel92782

Asked by rachel92782 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Entertainment

• Spaghetti is a great meal for a large group and is easy to make and cost effective.
    1and1makes3

Answer by 1and1makes3 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I have a pasta dish that I used to make for large gatherings (we used to have many of them when the kids were younger). You take mild Italian sausage (either bulk or the Premio links) and cook them thoroughly. When the are cooked slice them into bite size slices. Toss them your favorite pasta shape (we always did Penne) and sauce. You can also add your favorite vegetables like mushrooms, green pepper, onions and black olives. I served that with a tossed salad and some homemade bread. You can even prepare everything in advance and warm it up before serving.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2009