Why do christians make a big deal about being gay/gay people

Is it in there bible or something,like Not to be gay??

(((((PLease Be nice!!!))))))))

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, the bible says that sodomy is a sin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Because the bible says that for a man to lie with another man is an abomination. Christians that follow the bible, believe that is the inspired word of God. Sorry to not make it dramatic enough for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• It is true that the Bible does in fact tell us that having sex with someone of the same sex is a sin. God created a man and woman in the beginning and said that a woman should leave her father and mother to join her husband and the two will become one flesh. I will be the first to admit that that Christians do not always display a "Christ-like" attitude which is what the word Christian stands for. It also says that we should Love our neighbor as we love ourselves. While we should not condone how they live, niether should we treat them differently than we would treat anyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i always thought we were all supposed to love each other and NOT JUDGE. That's not your place to judge someone if they're gay or not. Leave it up to God. If it says it in the bible, than fine.. but are you God?.. no. (i'm not bashing you OP.. just to those who think they're God and want to judge everyone. )
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 11:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yes, sadly, it is in the christian mythology that being gay is a sin.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 11:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'm Christian and pro-gay marriage.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 12:00 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• well there are alot of things that we do now and they did not do in the days of the bible and I personally think and my church thinks I am a crazy lady going to burn in hell but-----I think god understands and if you really ask him to forgive you for being gay, living together out of marriage, children out of wedlock, drinking, fighting and swearing--the works!!! Except for murder, not related to self defense of course. I think God takes it by a case by case basis, its probably a weird wishful thinking thing---but I'll have all of enternity to be wrong, if I am wrong!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 8:25 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• God created MAN AND WOMAN! Does it say anywhere in the bible that Jake and John got married or Jane and Ann got it on...NO! End of discussion. DUH!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• unfortunately, there are some Christian people that feel they have the right to judge others. i am not religious at all, but was raised Catholic & attended a Lutheran church for a bit & i know that it is the message of these religions that only "god" has the right and power to judge others. "god" also "says" to love others and to never hate. some people who believe just seem to get their messages mixed up..
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Gay anything is wrong, period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Aug. 22, 2009