short skirts on a 6year old?

my SD is 6, cute as can be and i have real issues with her wearing short skirts.

they do have little shorts or "spankys" under them but i think it just shouldnt be. if she bends over you can see the shorts.
Im not saying granny skirts have to be what she wears but mid thigh should be long enough, just dont want to see her hiney.
I have issues with being assulted when i was little so i know what jerks are out there and maybe my view is skewed. I worry that if she wants to wear this now, what will we be in for when she is a teen?

hubby thinks its no big deal.

please let me know what you think

Dawn2plus1

Asked by Dawn2plus1 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• im on your side girly perves are out there checking out little girls and what do stores do,they start selling skanky undies for little girls,they have neon bras with wire in the trainning section,wth is wrong with all these stores its like they wanna give little girls an early start .im on your side.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 10:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I honestly think they look cute on little girls, it's when the girls get bigger and start to develope is when those short short skirts look slutty. Maybe you're just like that because of what happened to you, most people don think that way about little girls.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i hate seeing little girls dressed like whores! there are too many old man pervs out there and wearing a mini skirt as a child is not necesary!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• my daughter wears skirts, they go to the middle of her thigh (maybe even a teeny tiny bit shorter), and they have the built in shorts under them, so i could care less how short the skirt is..

but considering what happened to you, you have every right to feel that way, if your not comfortable letting her wear them, then dont..your the mom, you make the rules!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• absolutely not. i don't have a girl but i wouldn't put a short skirt on her. i have 3 nieces i definitely would  not like to see them in one

6lilprinces

Answer by 6lilprinces at 11:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My daughter wears them all the time and I don't see a problem. They have the shorts underneath so nothing is being seen. I am not going to rob innocence from my daughter about what she wears because of some potential pervert watching her. If htat's the case, then what should little girls wear to the beach or the town pool? Should they be all covered up then also?

For those that have a problem with it, do you feel it's OK to let them wear shorts above their thigh?
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 11:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My daughter (9) has always has a sense of modesty about her, and she doesn't like short skirts or shorts. She also doesn't like to show off her belly or shoulders. It's how she feels.
    I hope she keeps it up when she gets older, but who knows.
    chocolatehottie

Answer by chocolatehottie at 4:28 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My daughter gets to wear skirts with shorts under them, but they are by no means short. The shorts underneath (that come attached to the skirts) are as long as shorts she would wear by themselves. The skirt is maybe half inch longer than the shorts. I have seen some clothes I would NOT put her in because I dont think that if a littl girl bends over you should be able to see her panties, but I think the ones with decent shorts underneath are fine.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:58 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My girls have skirts of all lengths including some that would be considered mini-skirts. They look cute on them. As they tell me, they are really just shorts with a skirt and they actually have shorts that are shorter then the skirts.
    My girls look cute in whatever they wear.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:21 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• personally Idont think short skirts are ever okay! its never to early to teach her what it means to be a woman of character and modesty. When I was growing up no matter what anyone else was wearing my mother had strict rules about skirt and short lengths and tehre were no exceptions
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2009