How do you know when a particular church is right for you?

Is it the sermon, the pastor, the congregation, a feeling? What made you decide to go to the church that you go to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• When it preaches the truth..lol. I know what your going through, I have the same problem but I have certain things that I really believe in so I'd want the church to believe in them to.
    twoboys4me

Answer by twoboys4me at 12:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• well heres how i was told : when god shows you where he wants you to be when in doubt always pray about it ! think about it this way, when and where was the last time you felt "at home" in a church you attended? this should help you
    grammacarol

Answer by grammacarol at 12:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I searched for a few years when I was moving around. A church was two blocks away from my new home and reminded me of the one I grew up in I loved it, I could find the kids fast, people were helpful and loved others, cared for outsiders in nursing homes, very open about where money went, wasn't boastful and enormous growing church, just very homey feeling. Easy to get involved with, no classes for newcomers, just old fashioned church. I like that in a church. Even with a temporary pastor, I feel it's still the same church. If new people changed that, and I felt less than accepted there, I'd find a new church. When you're excited to go and upset to miss a Sunday, it's for you...
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 1:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• A Church does not have to be right for you - it is Gods law, his COMMAND - it doesn't bend and waiver for you or me! Search the scriptures to see what GOD calls his one and only church - and then continue to search, and pray, and you will find yourself in a FAMILY and it will feel like a FAMILY. Best of luck :)
    Bentyswife

Answer by Bentyswife at 2:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• First I think you have to believe what they believe, you should feel welcome at the church, you should be happy with the children's ministry, you should like the worship and tha pastor. I'm very happy at my church I go to Calvary Chapel. It should be a feeling of being home in the Father's House.
    Deb79

Answer by Deb79 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• i don;t know if there is such a thing. I personally think that achurch is a place that you meet others needs, as well as worshiping God.
    We worry about meeting our needs, but what about others, I think that serving is a big issue. does this church serve the needs of others in and outside of it walls.
    Anonymous

• Its all biblical based. Meaning that they go by what the bible says and not on carnal opinion.
    MunkyS

Answer by MunkyS at 12:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• you should pray and ask God to guide you to the church He wants you to be.
    MunkyS

Answer by MunkyS at 12:21 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I was a church for twenty five years and it was time to move believe me it is possible to out grow a church as much as people don't want to believe that. I struggled with the decision for months I was dying spiritually... my spiritual gifts were not being used. I searched a while and still attended my own church all the while still heavily involved in the ministry but I was NOT  going to go before God released me and I prayed it was A  decision my husband and I both had to make I prayed that God would speak to my husband because he was content, where we were. God placed in his heart the same thing I was feeling without me saying a word. I have been at my new church for two years now and my spiritual growth is indescribable and I know that I am in the will of God.
    simplegifts4u

Answer by simplegifts4u at 4:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• When you feel at home :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2008