one more breast feeding question.. sorry

here's a scenario..

i warmed a bottle from the fridge because my DD woke up in the middle of the night, i assumed she was hungry.. but she fell back asleep.

Should I put that bottle back in the fridge, or can I leave it at room temp for a couple hours then?

I just started having to pump, because my DD was throwing up every time she ate from the breast, so it's all kind of new to me.

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 10:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• After you heated it up i would toss it. Don't know for sure since i never had to heat any bottles up before. Even when i did have stored breastmilk mine would only drinki it cold if it were from a bottle. My 3rd son refused a bottle alltogether and always wanted to nurse.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• after its been warmed it should be thrown out. Its a bummer I know, but safest.

Is she still thowing up the pumped milk?
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• According to La Leche League's website:

There is also no research about whether freshly expressed milk left unfinished at room temperature should be discarded, or can be saved for a short time (perhaps up to one hour as reported by some mothers and caregivers) to finish the feeding if the baby wakens from having fallen asleep or still appears hungry.

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/milkstorage.html
    LaBellaDonna

Answer by LaBellaDonna at 11:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Ive left it at room temperature when I mistakenly believed he was hungry for about an hour. I dont think more than 90 minutes ever, but he never got sick or anything.
    LaBellaDonna

Answer by LaBellaDonna at 11:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• She is not throwing up pumped milk. She was throwing up every time she ate when I nursed her, and when I tried the bottle it was an instant change. This might sound horrible, but I tested the theory a little...I pumped and THEN let her nurse, because some were telling me she might be getting sick because of forceful letdown (or something like that), and even after pumping she still threw up big time.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 11:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Maybe you have a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance??

http://breastfeeding.hypermart.net/toomuchmilk.html

milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2009