I've stopped breastfeeding, when will I get my period?

I stopped nursing a little over a week ago. My son had been nursing only once a day for about a month before that. He is 11 moths old now. I have not had a period yet. Is this unusual? I took a preg test and it was neg. HAs anyone else experienced this?

crazy4u49033

Asked by crazy4u49033 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Health

• Try getting your iron and thyroid checked. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I stoped feeding my baby when she was 15mths and now she is 20mnths and I haven't gotten mine either. I have a thyroid problem, but medication for it and all the test came back normal...so I don't know why I dont have mine yet. Funny thing is that I had it while breast feeding.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 10:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I would go see the doctor. When you went down to one feeding a day, you should have gotten your period. My son is 5 months and I exclusively breastfeed. I always have and I just got my period for the first time last week. I feel like you should have gotten it by now. GL. I know since your're a mommy you don't think about yourself but go to a doctor and make sure you stay healthy for your little angel!!
    Jem0582

Answer by Jem0582 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2009