OMG I just burnt my belly... what do I do.... Will the baby be okay?

I was making dinner for my family.... Well I was boiling noodles and i sat the strainer in the sink and went to drain the noodles and the boiling water splashed back at me and on the left side of my belly. Just in one spot not the whole belly, but it does burn... Will my baby be okay???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, but if it still bothers you in the morning call your doc.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Uh yes. I'm sorry about your accident. Make sure the area is put in cool water and you don't get an infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• baby's ok momma. our belly skin is actually pretty thick. the boiling water would have to be sat in for a longer time to do harm, or stay on you much longer than it did. Be sure to wear an april for it to absorb spill with your clothing as protection under that, next time. Enjoy your pregnancy!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• use some aloe vera too or burn cream/spray
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Oh yeah! While I was pregnant with my first I was cooking and had to reach over the stove. Something I used to do all the time. That time I caught my shirt on fire. I of course started beating the fire out and then I was like oh my god I have burnt the baby and just beat on my stomach. Everybody was fine though. I had the dr check me out to be sure.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The baby should be fine. I did the same thing with #3. I immediately started stripping in the middle of the kitchen. Later my husband and I were SO glad we didn't have company. Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The baby is fine. Please take care of yourself.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 12:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2009