Did your man ever leave you for the other woman? Did your man leave his wife for you?

They say that a man never leaves his wife for "the other woman". I hear these stories on Cafemom from women whose husbands did leave them for another woman, so it must happen sometimes. So if you were the other woman, did your married man leave her for you? If you were the wife, did he actually leave you and your kids for the mistress? How did that turn out for him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• we weren't married.. but he did cheat. he had a choice and he choose me.. reason he choose me.. because he realized i wasn't trash that would sleep with other men while taken, etc etc etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My dad married the other woman when he left my mother. How the other woman trapped him was to "share" drugs with him, then threaten to expose him to his work if he didn't marry her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• No, it has not happened to hubs and I. My best friend's husband did cheat, and he did leave her for his whore on the side. Unfortunately for him after he divorced his wife the whore he was cheating with dumped him for someone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• MY DAD LEFT MOM MOM FOR THE OTHER LADY BUT WITHIN A FEW YEARS SHE TURN SUICDIAL AND JUST ALL AROUND CRAZY AND THEY SPLIT HE IS NOW REMARRIED TO ANOTHER LADY.

toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 10:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yes my husband left his wife then married me, I dont see it as him leaving her for me, they had a really bad marriage they were young and she was also seeing someone else on the side. She and I are actually still friends and talk often she is now on her third marriage. She tells me all the time how she thinks that their divorce was the right thing and that he and I really are a better fit then they ever were, that they never really understood what the other wanted out of life and that being so young they rushed into marriage. we have been Married 15 years now and going strong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• last anon.. its good you two became friends and that she's supportive.
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 11:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i was 8 months pregnant with my twins and he was just cheating on the side. But i guess it was karma because before him, i was the other woman for one guy. I never cheated on him, because i thought he was the love of my life. He was the only one i never cheated on :/

whatever
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• its because of situations like this that i really didnt want to get too tied into a man..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yep it happened to me I got left for another woman. I thought our marriage was strong guess it wasn't. My dh left his wife for me I guess you could say he had left her yrs b/4 that just hadn't gotten a divorce she had cheated on him so many times but he stayed for the kids. My mom left my dad for 3 other guys and is now married to another guy but doesn't leave my dad alone either. So it has happened to me in different areas of my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Aug. 22, 2009