I am 38 weeks pregnant and im getting cramps in my back and lower stomach is that another sign of early labor?

taylanryan

Asked by taylanryan at 10:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YES
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 10:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Could be. You can either get up and walk and see what happens or go sit and relax, maybe take a warm (not hot) bath or shower and see if it loosens up. Sometimes its just ligaments stretching out and getting ready. I'm right there with ya! Hope its labor but this is my 3rd time around and I know mines just ligaments...and braxton hicks...I'm waiting for the real stuff to start!
    Jackie1081

Answer by Jackie1081 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Well, it sounds like it COULD be labor...but that's how they described what it'll feel like in the first stages of labor, so you could still have a week or more to go. My doctor said to try a warm bath & a walk to see if it eases those discomforts. If not, give your doc a call & see what they tell you to do from there...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2009