Fish oil with omega 3 fatty acids while pregnant??

The doctor told me to take these supplements but didnt tell me how much, the guy at the pharmacy said 1000 mg per day is this right?

toledoohiomom

Asked by toledoohiomom at 10:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ask your dr!!

I have close realitves who are general practice dr's, & another whoes a pharmacist & my obgyn who yes, agree to take Fish oil.

1000 mg is based off the daily intake of the food pyramid
    -if you're not eating enough fish, or getting enough omega 3s w/ur daily diet then yes, a dr will reccomend to take what is recommended for that day

BEFORE I was pregnant, I was taking 3 -1000 mg of fish oil per day
    & my OBGYN recommended that i remain w/that supplement because it is what my body needs

>>everyone's body is different =)
    & you should ask your dr what is best for you (how much)

(again, 1000mg is a daily serving) keep in mind it helps the heart, &brain function properly & w/a baby on the way? helps their production as well

KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 10:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• No....1000 mg is too much. At GNC they have 250 mg pills. But first ask the pharmacist if your prenatals already have it in there. Some do, some don't
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Make sure to take a brand that is responsible about their murcury content. Nordic Naturals or Carlson's are both good.

I don't know about doage, though. I take about that much every day and don't have any problems.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2009