How do I get my baby to take a bottle?

My little girl is now 9 weeks old we have tried every type of bottle on the market and I really don't want to spend anymore money on them. She is breastfed but I need to be able to go do things without her. Please any advise or tips would be appreciated.

MLB2005

Asked by MLB2005 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She might be one of the few that will never accept the bottle. I have 3 boys, my youngest refused the bottle. (The other 2 had no problems accepting formula in a bottle.) Because of your daughter's age, I don't know what to tell you. My ds was 6-mos-old when I had to give him the bottle. (He had been in the hospital for 2 mos. The doctors weren't going to release him until he would drink the formula from the bottle. I had the doctors, the speech therapist and the lactation consultant help me. It was concluded by all, that my ds was not going to take the bottle at all.) From experience, I used a sippy cup. I took the thing out of the lid so that I could just pour the formula into his mouth. It will come out fast but with a little practice, you will be able to have some control on how fast it comes out. Also, if they are really thirsty, babies like ours will take the bottle or cup when mom isn't around. Good luck.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:00 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Have you tried the playtex drop in bottles?
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2490141
    Here they are at Walmart for 16 bucks. They come in different colors and the nipples can be bought in stages also which is nice. But they are supposed to resemble the mother's nipple. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• How long are you at work? could you nurse right before you leave then nurse as soon as you get home? mine wouldn't take a bottle until she was about 3-4 mos, and then it was b/c she was really hungry and mommy just wasn't there to suck on- for weeks she would only take a bottle from my dad:)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009