Do you know why they ask for a poop sample at the clinic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You mean with as part of pregnancy care? Not sure maybe test for blood in stool. If you're talking about a well checkup or sick checkup w/o pregnancy then def to test for blood in stool. Maybe symptoms suggest that. Hemmorhoids can cause blood to be in stools so can colon cancer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• They only time I've ever had to give a stool sample was to a gastroentologist for a colonoscopy prep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• The only time I've ever been asked for a stool sample was when I take my pets to the vet...lol.

Actually, if you are getting a thorough workover then they will want to perform a guaiac test on your stool to see if there is any blood in it. Blood will indicate a myriad of internal possiblities that they will want to examine further.
    I'm surprised they didn't just give you the test card and tiny spatula for you to do the test yourself at home and then bring the test card in to them to verify the results.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Got worms?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I used to work in doctor's offices, and we checked poop for blood.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:08 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• They want to see if you'll actually do it. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Aug. 23, 2009