Toddler Bed ?s

My son is not resdy yet. He is 2 and a half (almost). I was wondering if any Moms out there was worried about putting their kid in a toddler bed?

His routine is Milk (Strawberry or regular),
A little Noggin and then, bed at 9:00 or so. Thats it.

He will not sleep with me in the room or in our room.
How do I make this transfer easy on him?
Please, any suggestions would be useful. Thank you.

lincsmom74

Asked by lincsmom74 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Personally, I skipped the toddler bed. We just went straight to the twin bed. With my oldest (almost 4) we moved him out of his crib when he was about your son's age. We talked about it a lot the week before hand. Then that weekend we went and picked out his bed. He picked out special sheets. Then, he helped my husband put the bed together and he slept in it. It really wasn't nearly as bad of a transition as I had anticipated. But, he had been climbing out of his crib so it wasn't like the crib was exactly keeping him contained anyway.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 3:03 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I started my son earlier on the toddler bed... he was just over a year when we moved him. At first, I had to let him CIO... he wouldn't sleep if I was in there, so I would tuck him in, and close the door behind me when I left. He would cry for a few minutes, I would check on him... then it got really really quiet... I creaked the door open and he was sound asleep on his bed. He was really easy to move...
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 5:02 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My son was around two when he moved into a toddler bed because his sister was going to be born when he was 2 1/2, and we didn't want to move him too close to her birth because it would be too many different things all at once. He was fine with it! Buy some sheets with something on it he likes and keep telling him what a big boy he is! He'll probably be excited! I also got a turtle that has stars on it's shell that light up the ceiling so he wouldn't be scared. He took it to bed with him for a little while before he got really used to the bed.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2009