What is a troll?

Hi I'm new to CafeMom and i was reading a post and people were calling the writer a troll. I was just wondering what that meant. Thanks in advance for answering!!!!

Steph

sbelanger27

Asked by sbelanger27 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in About CafeMom

• A troll is basically someone who just likes to get attention & start drama. Sometimes they post stuff that is inflammatory, rude, disprespectful, or harrassing. Other times they post stuff that is just really stupid trying to get people to react.
    On a board I'm on, we recently had a troll that appeared to be a really bored teenager. All this person's posts were really stupid - things like saying he is bisexual & has slept with hundreds of thousands of people, that everyone should convert to Satanism, just stupid stuff like that. I've also dealt with trolls who will join a group or board dedicated to something they disagree with, just so they can try to start debates about it & tell everyone there how wrong they are for their choices. They like drama & when they can't find it, they start it themselves.
    So, basically, a troll is someone who needs to get a life.
    busygoddess

Answer by busygoddess at 7:48 AM on Aug. 22, 2009