Is this how YOU would treat a veteran of war? You decide?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 11:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The link wont work for me
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Got there and it says it no longer exists or is currenly unavailable
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204683204574358590107981718.html

here you go girl!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• ty
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• y/w
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• When the government can steer vulnerable individuals to conclude for themselves that life is not worth living, who needs a death panel?

One can only imagine a soldier surviving the war in Iraq and returning without all of his limbs only to encounter a veteran's health-care system that seems intent on his surrender

:cringe: NO..and I do not like that at all
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:01 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• we think a like! God Bless You!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• That is terrible! How could anyone mess with someones life like that. I am so terribly saddened by this. I can guarantee Obama will never stop the "Your Life, Your Choices" from being used. I can guarantee He will only encourage it and condone it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• So, do you assume that living wills are not an every day topic for a soldier or their family members? Speaking as the spouse of a soldier, you cannot imagine the amount of preparation that goes into pre and post deployments. There are countless forms, debriefings, and discussions about death that are common place in a soldier’s home. Forms that are so detailed that they lay out what songs they might want at their funerals. If you think that that a soldier’s psyche is so "fragile" that they cannot handle the information given to them by their physician than you are clueless. If your concern is so great for the plight of veterans than you should volunteer at a Veteran’s hospital or Fisher House. In my opinion Jim Towey is presumptuous to assume that he knows what a veteran wants or needs simply because he worked in an AIDS house in the mid 80s.

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 4:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I know about living wills and yeah I can imagine I have family as far back as I can remember that have served this country.IMO this could be used to coax people to think it would be best to just die.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2009