Christians, do you carry prayers cards or small bibles with you so you can give them to others?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not witness and I do not believe in witnessing and I am most definitely a Christian. I carry notes of prayers on me for guidance for myself and to sometimes offer hope to someone I know to keep strong in hard times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• No I have never done that. If someone asks for something specific, I will see if I can get it or direct them to it. But no I don't.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:13 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Yes i carry prayer cards with my and my hubby's name on them and they have our phone number on them in case someone needs prayer..

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Yes! I carry both gospel tracts and small Bibles with me. I get some for free from the Gideons; each year they give them away at the fair so my DH and I get them and pass them out throughout the year. When we run out we buy some small NT or Gospel of John's from our bookstore at the church.

Just by having them in my purse and being open to share God's love with others, God will direct people to me for prayer and encouragement when I am out in public. It really blows me away.

It is kind of scary for me, because I don't like to just walk up to people I don't know. But usually they come up to me, or I can feel the Lord telling me to share with someone (I can tell because I will start arguing with Him about why it isn't a great idea, LOL).

If you want to be used in this way, pray and ask the Lord to open doors for you to share --- He will do it. Rely on Him to give you the words to say and then pray for them! : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:42 AM on Aug. 22, 2009