(Christians) When you can't forgive...

do you just throw yourself at the mercy of God and ask for the gift of forgiveness?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes. it also helps if you just start to pray for the person. you will be suprised at the changes God will make in you.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• yes, I do.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Yes i do.. We are in the flesh and its so hard sometimes to forgive but I think Jesus forgave me of all my sins i have to forgive others
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I think you need to ask god for the spirit of forgiveness. If you can't forgive you are only hurting yourself. The other person is carrying on with their life just fine. Also remember you are not perfect and sometimes need to be forgiven also.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 12:17 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• The other person is carrying on with their life just fine

___That part isn't really true. In fact, I think I have forgiven more than she has.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• That part isn't really true. In fact, I think I have forgiven more than she has.

if you had really forgiven you wouldn't be here asking about it. it would have already been a done deal and you wouldn't be keeping tabs <:))))))<<

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Sometimes people misunderstand what forgiveness it. It isn't a feeling; it is an action, a choice. Sometimes you forgive someone and you don't feel okay with them yet and that is okay. You just keep sharing with the Lord about your feelings and your pain.

Certain things are impossible to forgive without help from the Lord. But when you make the choice to act in forgiveness, God will supply you with the ability. A great book to read, when you are struggling with this issue is "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom. It is about a woman who was in a Nazi concentration camp, where she lost her father and her sister. In the end she is faced with having to forgive a guard who she remembers from her time in the camp; he is extending his hand asking for forgiveness. At first she couldn't and yet we see God move in her miraculously as she extends her hand and she feels His grace flow through her. I recommend reading it.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:48 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I just prayed for you. May God move in you to heal your pains and help you to walk in forgiveness. And when you have victory in this area, remember how hard it has been for you and give God all the glory!

Love ya : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• yes
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:19 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I started by thinking about how much God forgave me and how many times He did it and then I ask God to help me to obey Him and not my feelings and God does it !!!!!
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 2:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2009