How do I find childcare?

I am about to be a new mom. I have no idea what to do about care for my baby boy when he arrives, I must go back to work, family members aren't an option and $326 per week is hardly less than I take home from a paycheck. The county I live in has a waiting list for assistance that is 24 months long. I can't get put on it because the lady who you need to talk to is only there from 10a to 3p and I have a job so I can't sit on the phone all day trying to reach her... And you guessed it she wont call me back. I need affordable yet reliable and trustworthy care for my son. Please help.

mhoeller

Asked by mhoeller at 12:00 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in About CafeMom

• www.care.com.

im on there ;)
    its babysitters and nannies...
    and people who need babysitters.
    and they are cheap too...5-15 an hour
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You can start to hang out in the park, stop by Mothers Day Out at the church, etc. Maybe there is a neighborhood child care which is usually affordable, or maybe you will meet a mom who would like to earn a few dollars by doing child care. if you live near an air force base, they have a list of reliable caregivers who babysit in their homes.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 1:54 AM on Aug. 22, 2009