Who needs a death panel ???

When the government can steer vulnerable individuals to conclude for themselves that life is not worth living, who needs a death panel?

One can only imagine a soldier surviving the war in Iraq and returning without all of his limbs only to encounter a veteran's health-care system that seems intent on his surrender.

I was not surprised to learn that the VA panel of experts that sought to update "Your Life, Your Choices" between 2007-2008 did not include any representatives of faith groups or disability rights advocates.

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 12:02 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There is no such thing, there has never been any idea if instilling such a panel. The entire thing was a negative argument brought up by repubs arguing against the bill--no where is anything like this in any of the proposed bills.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 12:34 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• The VA was crappy to the vets long before the current administration took over.

Weird, though, because my FIL gets his care through VA, and really doesn't have a lot of complaint. I think the current vets are actually in need of both physical and mental help, and the VA is trying to shirk on that.

Having had a few family members deal with the VA, I think my FIL's general contentment is an anomaly. I think it's disgusting the vets can't get any help with PTSD and have to suffer though it on their own, without help. They got that way defending this country, and can't get help to get them to a more comfortable place. And that is not even dealing with the whole lost limbs/prosthetics concerns.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:42 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Ask all past veterans how well they have been taken care of.
    dbrooks91

Answer by dbrooks91 at 1:32 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• "Your Life, Your Choices" hadn't been used for a long time because Bush took a look at how this document was treating Vets issues, the VA suspended its use. Now with Obama's administration they have started using it again. See she is asking if this Book / lists of questions to help determine ones decision on not being a "burden" on people can and is allowed to be used for Vets is it so unimaginable that it can and WILL be used on civilians?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Aug. 22, 2009