Have you ever had to work two jobs?

Just curious

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to work full-time at a clinic as a receptionist and then I served on the weekends (12 hour shifts Saturday and Sunday) at a restaurant. I only did this for a year, though. I was so busy that I didn't even have time to think about what I was doing, so it wasn't all bad:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I did once, mostly out of boredom. And the 2nd job really needed me to stay on (part time) when I got my full-time job - so I did, just a couple evenings a week though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I worked two jobs but I guess I didn't really have too. It was during the summer break while in college. I worked full time at a daycare during the week and then part time at sears on the weekends (well, thursday and friday nights and then sat and sun). It was a crazy, never had a day off for fun, but college got paid for!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I work at mcdonalds from 10am-4pm then go tto night school from 5pm to 9pm then then go to my nursing aid job from 10pm to 6am so i would only sleep from 6am to 9am thats 3hours a day that is with a newborn baby i was 18 years old and a single mom. I had no choice. Thank god my mawmaw let us stay with her and she watched my lil girl for free. Sad i really missed out on the first 6 months of my daughters life tho once i saved up enough to buy us a realiable car i quit my morning job at mcdonalds and just went to school and worked graveyards, it took me 6 months to do that tho.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 12:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I haven't had to work two jobs. I did so by choice. I did this for about 6 months. I quit one because I made way more money at the other. I was of course young and single at the time. I don't think I could ever do it now though. Working, wifing and mothering takes all my energy.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 12:14 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Yup. I was working two jobs and going to school full time, taking 18 units. I had NO days off! I was a single mother at the time, working as a tutor at school (English, Spanish, and ESL) and selling cell phones on the weekends. The company laid everyone off without notice. Someone DID take notice, though! That cell phone job led to an awesome opportunity with AT&T Wireless (before their merger with Cingular) and I've never looked back. I only went up from there. After the merger, they did layoffs too, but because of their layoffs, I moved to NYC (to be with DF) and got with another company working with corporate and made DOUBLE what I was making at AT&T (with NO Business degree! SCORE!)

I'm happy to be a SAHM now, though. I don't think I could work as hard as I did when I was single!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 12:33 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• ggiovanni -- Wow, I just wanted to say that you are one strong woman!

I worked 2 jobs before I had my son. Not because I had to though. I went to work at 8am and got off at 11pm. My break between jobs was the 30 min drive between the 2. It was hard, but I made enough for the down payment on my very first brand new car! I would never work that much again, at least not until my son is grown.
    ronisaurus

Answer by ronisaurus at 12:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I will be soon. Right now I am working about 4 nights a week, 7p-12:30a, waitressing. It is the first job I have been able to find since I started looking in March. I am still looking for a full-time job as well, && plan to continue working at night even after I find one. I will do this as long as I can, up to a year, b/c my SO && I are fixing to buy a house in November. He also has a full time job as a roofing foreman && is doing side jobs as often as he can. We would like to be completely out of debt by the time we move && want to save as much as possible for at least the 1st 6 months after we move to make sure we don't fall behind && lose everything we worked for.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:46 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I actually work 4 jobs. I don't do it because I have to though I do it because I want to.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 2:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• no
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:35 AM on Aug. 22, 2009