Our American boys being treated like this?

When the government can steer vulnerable individuals to conclude for themselves that life is not worth living, who needs a death panel?

One can only imagine a soldier surviving the war in Iraq and returning without all of his limbs only to encounter a veteran's health-care system that seems intent on his surrender.

I was not surprised to learn that the VA panel of experts that sought to update "Your Life, Your Choices" between 2007-2008 did not include any representatives of faith groups or disability rights advocates.

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 12:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The VA is a very scary and daunting system. I really do not know how people who do not understand disabilities and the impact they have on a person navigate the system. I am a rehab counselor so luckily my husband has me for an advocate. I work with the VA as they are a partner agency to mine and the Wounded Warriors Unit here at the Army base near me. What do people do who do not know someone inside the system?
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 3:32 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• There are women in the military too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2009