How many hours does your child/children sleep at night? How many do you sleep?

My 9.5 month old sleeps at least 9 hours a night and that's if I have to wake her to take her to my parents so I can go to work. Otherwise she sleeps 10-12. She rarely even wakes during the night. At this time I have no other children. Yet I can't seem to pry myself off the internet to go to bed. I work full time and this is the only time I have to myself. Half of the time I only get about 5-6 hours of sleep. Sometimes I do get lucky and sleep more though. Anyone else have this problem? I will add though that I am on sleeping medication for insomnia so that is a contributing factor. I do love the days though when DH has to get up with our daughter and I get to sleep in (we trade off whenever possible depending on our work schedules) those days I sleep 8-9 hours sometimes even 10. Anyway so how much does your child sleep and how much do you sleep? I just find random stuff like this interesting.

Mrsh052607

Asked by Mrsh052607 at 12:14 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Newborn baby i sleep 8 hours a night i dont know how my son is at night bc i am asleep me and my SO are on shift work. I wake up at 7am and watch the baby til 10pm at night then he comes home from work and they go downstairs and i go to sleep. he says the baby wakes up at 1am and 4am then at 7am when it is my turn to get up. we have a cradle in the bedroom and a bassent thingy downstairs for him at night. My SO is up playing the xbox all night anyways thats why he stays up with him at night.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 12:19 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I honestly have no idea how much I sleep. Like you, I can't get off the internet usually at night because that is my time. Like right now, all three kids are sleeping and DH is at the movies with his brothers. I could be in bed sleeping, but it is nice to be up when the house is quiet. My 2 1/2 year old sleeps through the night, usually 9 to 9. My 1 1/2 year old goes to bed at 9 but wakes up about three times a night. Most of the time he goes right back to sleep, other times I have to lay with him. I also have a newborn (one week old) that sleeps 4 to 5 hours at a time. I am up for about 30 min. or so to feed her every time she wakes up. So I have no idea how much sleep I get. Some mornings I feel like I have been up and down all night long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• In the summer when I'm not working and my little one doesn't have preschool, she sleeps about 11 or 12 hours and I sleep 9-10. During the school year, she sleeps 9-10 hours and I sleep about 7 hours. I am one of those people who really needs a lot of sleep. When I was in high school, I could get by with 4 or 5 hours, but nowadays I really need like 12. lol

I used to stay up too late of CM, but then I started going to bed with my hubby every night at 10-10:30. I don't know how well I'll do when he deploys next month... I may end up staying up too late.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:28 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my daughter goes to bed around 8:00 or 8:30 and sleeps til 9 or 10, my son goes to bed between 9 and 11 and sleeps til about 2 then up for a bottle then about 4.5 hours later he's up for another one then down again til about 8. i usually end up in bed after his 2 a.m. feeding on weekends or right now when my hubby's on leave. when hes working we both end up in bed around 11 or 12,so i get anywhere from 4-7 hours sleep depending on if he sleeps all night or if hubby's already up and gets the kids so i can sleep in
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my 11 week old goes to sleep between 11:30 and midnight and wakes up around 7:30 am. I sleep the same amount at this time, but starting on the 31st, I'll need to be up at 5/5:30 am so we can leave by 6am to get him to the daycare and get myself to work by 6:30/6:45. I'm a high school teacher so we start school at 7:30 am but the kids are done at 2:10 pm.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My DD is almost 6 mos. and goes to bed at 6 or 7. I then wake her up before I go to bed at 10:30 to feed and she sleeps until 6:30am or 7:00am. When she started sleeping through the night finally I could never sleep! I was so exhausted but I kept thinking 'she's going to get up any moment' and so I couldn't sleep. Plus, I'd be like you and mess around on the Internet or whatever and be up until midnight and then only get about 5 or 6 hrs of sleep before work. Now that she's been doing it for a while, I can sleep better, but I used to take a Tylenol PM to help me.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2009