Would this annoy you?

I have a friend who has an 8 month old baby. Her husband and her work pretty much the same 2nd shift hours yet he doesn't take turns with her when it comes to getting up with the baby in the mornings. My husband and I take turns whenever possible. Do you and your husband or significant other? Does it annoy you if they don't?

Mrsh052607

Asked by Mrsh052607 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I BF, so I don't really have a choice regarding feeding (although it would be nice if he could BF sometimes too! lol), but when our DD gets up at night, he'll usually change her diaper for me. Sometimes she's not wet, so he gets to continue sleeping.

But otherwise, yeah, I think it's nice to take turns. Especially if you BOTH work.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• No, I get up with our kids every morning. It's just part of our routine, and I don't really think about it. I don't get upset with my husband. I'm just used to getting up early. He works night shift, so I have to do it 7 days a week one week, and then his week off, I'd rather stick to the routine.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:45 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my childs father is in jail and has not woken up with our daughter since she was born. I bet he's sleeping soundly in his bunkbed right now. can you say deadbeat?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Some men do their fair share in other ways. maybe he is doing the cooking right now. I usually got up w/the kids. Where my husband was wonderful was when the kids had colic. Sometimes I would hear the garage open, and the minute he got out of the car, he was handed a screaming baby. This after a hard day. Yet he never questioned when I needed that break.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 1:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My husband works 70 plus hrs a week
    1 I am a SAHM so M-F its my job to deal with everything during the night and on Sat-Sun he gets up in the am both days and makes us all breakfast! A awesome hubby!!
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 3:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my DD has slept through the night since 1 month old. but for that first month he did alot overnight. he worked until about 2 am so he would take over when he got home. when he went to bed it was my turn. now that shes 1 i get her up and change her and he gets up...(most morning) and makes her breakfast
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my husband convinced me to stop breastfeeding when Avery was a week old, so someone could help feed her in the middle of the night, giving me sleep. Well, it's been 2 weeks since then, and I still have to get up with her in the night, plus keep putting my 2 year old back to bed! Big regret listening to him! Sure he works overnights, but only 4 days a week, the rest, he sleeps all damn night. I havent slept since before Avery was born. but i guess its my job as a SAHM. who needs sleep anyway?
    MommaOfT21Girl

Answer by MommaOfT21Girl at 7:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• In the beginning, I mostly got up because I was ebf and not pumping. Then, my Dh went back to work and I was still on maternity leave and I got up so he could sleep. It wasn't until she was about 4 mos. that he could get up to soothe her when she wasn't hungry b/c before that, she'd wake up just to eat. It was shitty and I was always mad about it, but that time passed THank God.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009