Too sentimental ?

Ok well we are moving in about another month 1/2 ... I put an add for the baby crib on craigslist and had someone reply about it. Now I am upset, and kind of regreting it, i doubt I will have another baby, and if I do, I could always get another one... but I just feel like Im giving away a part of my babies or something... i dont now how to explain it, I never thought I would feel this way... but I dont know...

Anyways I was just wondering...what did you guys do with your cribs after your baby was done with it...

I was also considering, making it into a toy box..or even using it to make a bigger headboard for my daughters bed....

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 12:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ours will get pitched - it's been through an unknown number of kids, and mine did a number on it - it won't last through another one! We'll dismantle it enough that no one can think about rebuilding it when we throw it out on trash day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Our crib is all wrapped up in plastic sitting in our garage. We're done having children so we are going to sell it or donate it, but I can't stand having stuff laying around and i'm not very creative. If you can turn it into a toybox that would be a great idea, or a headboard.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:30 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My son's crib is actually meant to be used as a headboard (and toddler bed.) I say if you want to keep it and use it, do it!

I have been hording away most of my sons baby clothes and other things. The other day I went through them to find things to donate and give to a friend who is having a baby. I know it's the right thing to do but it made me so sad. :(
    ronisaurus

Answer by ronisaurus at 12:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I can't wait to get rid of my crib, but it's about to be on its second use as a crib (it's a 3 way converter too). If you're not planning on having any more babies, I can see how selling the crib could be an emotional experience. I gave away all of my son's small stuff that I wasn't attached to to friends and kept the rest because I was planning on having more babies before he was too old. (Now I'm counting down the last few weeks and feeling over run with baby stuff!)
    Thistle_Thorn

Answer by Thistle_Thorn at 1:03 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Our first crib got stuck in the garage rafters of our first house, so we left it there. 5 years later, we had another kid, and his crib got left behind when we moved from that house along with a bunch of other stuff we didn't want to take with us. No sentiment felt.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:32 AM on Aug. 22, 2009