school rules RIDICULOUS!

Well I got my 4 kids off to school and read and signed the papers but im very disappointed with some of the rules. My 2 middle schoolers get 3 bathroom passes per nine weeks for each class. If you use them all and you need to go to the bathroom you get one hour of D-hall. My daughter in high school gets 2 bathroom passes in 2 classes than only one in the other 5 classes. D-hall if she uses them all and has to go. What are girls suposed to do when they are on their period? They have 4 minutes between classes. Thats plenty of time for them to go to their lockers,go to the bathroom and be sitting down before the bell rings because if they are not (sitting) they are tardy and after 3 tardies its D-hall. Some of the teachers said dont jump up and leave when the bell rings wait until she gets finished with what shes saying and she will dismiss you. If you dont have lunch money you cant eat.

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 12:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in

• CONT... no charging lunches. Some classes they have to put their papers in a basket as soon as they walk in or they get a big fat 0. but remember if they are not sitting when the bell rings its D-hall. Putting your feet on the bottom of the desk in front of you its D-hall. Its a bunch of BS if you ask me.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 12:28 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i hate school rules to. i took my liltle brother and sister school shopping for clothes and comes to find out they can wear red, blue , gray ,.. it doesnt matter if it has other colors in it. they cannt wear it.
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 12:32 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Wow, I don't like the bathroom rule at all. That's ridiculous. The tardy thing isn't too big of a deal (IMO) and we couldn't charge lunches when I was in high school. But I agree with you on the period issue, there are times when girls need to change a tampon every two hours or so, and I remember having 5 minutes between classes and still being rushed.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:35 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i had 6 mins between classes and still everyone was running down halls to get to the next class, i had a very big school though too 879 in my grad class alone. the bathroom rule is just stupid, i think i'd probably have signed it w/a note saying i didn't agree and wouldn't sign any detention paperwork b/c of that rule. as for the homework in the basket alot of teachers do that, and its not that hard. same with seated when the bell rings, as far as no feet on other desks, its distracting to the kid sitting in the desk so i can agree w/that one. and in high school and middle school we couldn't charge lunch either, elem school could but only to a certain point than they weren't supposed to anymore,but most of the lunch ladies did anyways.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:38 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Even if I hated every rule the school had for my child I would never let them know I felt that way. If we as parents dont stand behind our teachers and their rules how can we expect our kids to respect them? My dd school says 10 absences tardies or early dimissals and you lose field trip privileges. I dont really like that b/c she has a condition that she will have to go see a dr out of town every month but I am not going to ask that they break the rules for her. I see parents at her school every day who dont follow simple instructions and I just shake my head. No wonder these kids are so bad and disrespectful. The teachers dont make enough to put up with all this crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• me personally I would go to their doctor and get a letter stating that due to a condition they MUST be allowed to go to the restroom when needed. The school has to accept them. The other rules are petty and stupid.
    chloesmama_2007

Answer by chloesmama_2007 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Unfortunately kids take advantage. Lots of kids are disrespectful at school. I subsitute. One girl came in 10 min late, but she said she saw the teacher & went to the bathroom so I didn't mark her tardy. then she tried to leave 10 min early to go to the bathroom. I said no. She said she was on her period, and I still said no as she was only in the bathroom 30-40 min ago. If the kids are nice and respectful, and good in class, the teacher probably will not give d-hall if they need to go more often. Unfortunately a few rotten apples ruin it for all kids. Just think 3 passes per 7 classes is probably enough. I have had several girls come to class before the bell rings, but their books down & ask if they could run to the bathroom. I have always said yes, and they are usually back before roll is done. I have never marked any of these students tardy. It will probably be ok.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 1:04 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• OP HERE- I know there has to be rules thats no problem with me. I have two teen girls who has periods. After all their bathroom passes are gone they get D-hall. Its D-hall or blood all over the place. My daughter was cramping today and needing to go pee so bad and she finally got to go 7th hour. Holding it in to long can damage your kidneys.Is the school gonna pay the bill when her kidneys bursts or she gets an infection? My problem with the lunches is that if a kid looses their money or the parents dont know their accounts are empty they have to do without lunch and go hungry all day. As far as the homework baskets, 4 minutes for locker, get your stuff, and rush to class which could be on the other end of the hall than dig out your work put it in the basket and be seated before the bell rings. Seems like everything is D-hall this year. D-hall is staying after school for an hour.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 1:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Just another notch in my "Why We Homeschool" board.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I think the bathroom break is wrong, Everything else is fine. I am so glad to be homeschooling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Aug. 22, 2009