Woman sues zoo over splashing dolphins?

OH MY GOODNESS what a joke ..people will sue over anything anymore.

CHICAGO (Reuters) – A woman is suing a Chicago-area zoo for a 2008 fall near a dolphin exhibit, accusing zookeepers of encouraging the mammals to splash water and then failing to protect spectators from wet surfaces, local media reported on Thursday.

In her suit filed earlier this week, Allecyn Edwards said she was injured while walking near an exhibit at Brookfield Zoo, where a group of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins were performing, media said.

more below at the link

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 12:57 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:58 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• So she is suing because she slipped and fell, not because the dolphins splashed her. I misread that at first. :)
    I think that if you are going anywhere near dolphins and water you should know enough to watch your step. However, common sense is not common.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Christ on toast. I love how people expect to be paid for being stupid. Hmm, next to a dolphin exhibit. Floor is wet. I need to be careful.

I fell! It's not my fault - I would have magically been fine had there been signs posted. I hope this woman has to pay the aquarium's atty fees.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 1:10 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Learn to walk, and this wouldn't happen.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I agree that I hope that she has to pay the zoo's attorney fees. What an ass!
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• What a jerk and a role model for her kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Gee, I wish I could retroactively sue for every time I fell/slipped/tripped and injured myself at work or on vacation since I was a kid, I'd be RICH!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:31 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• D E A T H of C O M M O N S E N S E!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:48 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I've been to this exhibit and know they have non-skid painted on the ground around the tanks. So how in the world could you slip unless you are trying to. My goodness, she will probably claim she is indigent and the judge wont make her pay the attorneys fees. Then they raise the price for everyone else to cover their bottom line.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• hmmmm dolphins.....dolphins live in water.....dolphins splash water......water makes things wet....wet things are slippery......walking on wet things could make you fall.......hhhmmmm this woman is just plain stupid...
    was she the one holding the door open for everyone else when God was handing out brains?????? IJS
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:15 AM on Aug. 22, 2009