is there anything you can go to college for without having to take speech?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have an English degree and I never took speech. I don't have to take a speech class for my masters in teaching either, but we do make speeches and teach, obviously.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I stopped going to college because i'm suppose to take a speech class. I have a serious phobia with public speaking. It sucks because I only have a semester left. Now i'm trying to figure out what else I should try to get a degree for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Public Speaking is the #1 fear even over death. Tell your instructor, maybe he/she will have ideas. I didn't think I was going to be so nervous, but I was. After a few seconds it was ok. I practiced and practiced so it was like second nature when I got up there. I also practiced in front of a mirror. You will get through it. Most all of us do. Don't give up a college degree because of one class. Possibly the doctor can give you something for anxiety to help you through the class.

Ask around, make sure you get a good teacher. I had a great one, and it was actually a fun class.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 3:15 AM on Aug. 22, 2009