ramadan mubarack!

just wanted 2 wish on the muslim moms a blessed ramadan & will you be doing anything special or making any favorite meals? <3

beachmom0703

Asked by beachmom0703 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• sorry you are entrapped by your religion!
    Jesus wants you to be free, watch movie bottem of my profile!-God Bless
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• sorry you're brainwashed by yours, Mothers
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:26 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i'm not muslim. i was just wishing every1 that is muslim a blessed month, if u didnt know this is thier holy month. y would u even bother commenting when this post isn't intending for you!? maybe you should mind your own business & only post comments pertaining to the question. this question isn't here for religious debate it's a simple wish to all those moms that are muslim to have a blessed month. i'm sorry for ignorance
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 1:31 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• 2mothers, honestly...how would you feel if someone said that to you?

beachmom, I'm not Muslim but I wish you a happy Ramadan.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 1:31 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• thanks girls, i seriously am so irritated w/2mothers, her answer was uncalled for & very rude, what if on christmas someone said something offensive to her about it...serioulsly it really upsets me!
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Oh ladies please don't be upset with 2mothers... she can't help but be chrisitain like. :)

as for your wish for us.. Thank you Beachmom...

I don't make any meals for ramadaan except my same ole puertorcian and american dishes..how ever i do enjoy some arab and Guyanese dishes when i break fast at the masjid surrounded by the Believers.

And All praise is do to he who Created everyone including you , jesus and 2mother..

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:27 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Ramadan Mubarak,
    Well, I probably wont be making too, many special dishes, I try to keep the food as simple and practical as possible, But yes if time permits I will try to make something nice and then distribute it round the family, and they do the same thing.

Ramadan is a time for increasing worshipping, such as reading the quran, and extra prayers, improving your behaviour and manners ( LOL - which is well needed amongst some - ) which means that our time for other things decreases. This is a time for cleansing our hearts from the niggardliness, hatreds, jealousy, begrudging, the negative emotions / behaviors, and a renewal of the positive ones, such as tolerance patience etc.

But yes some muslims do spend time and effort on making special foods to break the fast .

So Ramadan Mubarak to everyone May the love of God, and the gratitude for his mercy and great blessings which he bestows on us enter your hearts
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 7:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Ramadan Mubarak.. ZanZeebeel! May Allah grant me and you and all the believers a successful ramadan and grant us that which will heal our hearts and cleanse our souls and give us eternity in paradise. Ameen
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:00 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• salam aasiyah! wut does zanzeebee mean? lol
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 5:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2009