Do you live in one of America's 10 Best Places to raise a family?

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/americas-10-best-places-to-grow-up.html;_ylc=X3oDMTFyMm5kZzRjBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEX3MDOTc2MjA0NjUEc2VjA2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawNiZXN0LXBsYWNlcy1ncm93LXVw

1. Virginia Beach, VA
2. Madison, Ala
3. Oakland Park, Kan
4. San Jose, Calif
5. Boston
6. Rochester, Minn
7. Cedar Rapids, Iowa
8. Denver
9. Plano, Tx
10. Edison, N.J.

And if you do live in one of these cities, do you agree that its one of the best places to raise a family?

(my state, Florida, isnt even on the list, lol.)

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 1:32 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Nope!but where I live is peaceful though .Very quiet.It is rare when something happens.By the way my moms cousin is a pedophile in san jose ca.I am sure there are many.I do not go by statistics.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• No I unfortunetly live in one of the 10 most worst places L.A. is not a wonderful place to be - can't wait for washington in february
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:40 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My DH was raised in San Jose and i can guarantee that he does not agree that it is a good place to raise kids.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I myself cant understand why San Jose is on that list? Seriously every part of san jose I have seen was a $h!thole
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:01 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• San Jose? Really? I grew up in the bay area and most of it is pretty bad, including San Jose.
    PeaInMyPod

Answer by PeaInMyPod at 2:29 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Awww Yuppieville, err Naperville, finally got bumped off the list. I wouldn't be surprised to hear the new top 10 are just as fake and pretentious as Naperville, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• "Answered at 4:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Awww Yuppieville, err Naperville, finally got bumped off the list. I wouldn't be surprised to hear the new top 10 are just as fake and pretentious as Naperville, though"

I live in Chicago; Naperville is truly one of the G-d-forsaken-culture-free-suburbs.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I"m a native Bostonian, and think it's a GREAT city to raise a family--great schools (suburbs), cultural and sports events, colleges, hospitals, close to the ocean and the mountains--a little bit of everything!

We live n PA, just over the NJ state line, and my husband grew up in Edison, NJ, and has worked for the same company there for the past 28 years....he's not fond of the area as far as raising a family goes....so I think he would laugh at that it was considered "TOP 10!" LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009