Is consensual spanking between adults okay if...

Is it appropriate for two adults to consent to spanking in these contexts:

Serious BDSM practice?
Discipline of one by the other?
Light-hearted sex play?

If you answer anything other than Yes, Yes, Yes or No, No, No please offer an explanation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think that adults should "discipline" each other. Otherwise, if it's consensual, I really don't care what others do in their own bedrooms.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:14 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I'm into it during sex but he better not ever try to discipline me like that. That would just piss me off.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 2:16 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• if it was during sex and the person wanted to be spanked then yea it's fine. But I"m not okay withspanking a grown ass person just to discipline them lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• during sex ok only if its light and playful, but other than that hell no it's not, but I only speak for my relationship
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:21 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• YES NO YES are my answers. The middle has nothing to do with the other two, I do not understand where you are coming from with this question at all. first and last are sexual in nature and the middle is disciplinary, very different!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:22 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I'm not into being spanked by my dh. But, if that's what someone is into, then that's their choice.

However, I do have some concerns about the spanking for punishment by one partner to the other, because that, to me, sets up an unhealthy power situation in the marriage. I understand that there are some who believe that in a Christian home, this is how it should be, but there is NO biblical basis for this, and there is a LOT of biblical references that show that a husband is supposed to love and cherish his wife (as Christ did His bride - the church - leading by example and loving and being willing to die for them / bride and their well being - NOT spanking them / bride to establish authority over them/ bride.)

To me, that's too close to a woman getting punched by her abusive spouse and saying it's ok, because he was just upset, and I shouldn't have kept nagging...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:36 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I'm into it all...as long as the discipline is also in the bedroom for being a "bad boy" or "bad girl" haha. If is is seriously for discipline outside the bedroom then no. I wouldn't want my hubby spanking me for not getting all the laundry done. or not washing the dishes.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:44 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Light hearted sex play is a good thing. No idea what number one is and as for number two unless so called discipline is in the context of number three then HELL NO!
    SugarBE

Answer by SugarBE at 4:55 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• only in sexual role playing not in every day life.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:44 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I'm not into BDSM or control or discipline or anything like that. HOWEVER, during the course of having sex when my husband smacks my ass, I love it!!!!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2009