Do you allow your children to drink soda?

I don't allow my three year old DD to drink cola. Do you allow your children to. How old were they when you began allowing it? How old are your children now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope. My daughter is three, she has only had a bit of sprite maybe twice.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Sometimes when we eat out and he is four
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:46 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• NO, I don't. My kids are still little. My son is 2 and obviously I won't give my 5 month old daughter soda. LOL! I'm curious to see what responses you get. I've been thinking about what age would be okay to let my son drink soda. I'm thinking maybe 7 and only for special occasions.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• yes i do. but i have already changed that. since they don't brush their teeth as well as they should. plus coke is not good for anyone.
    6lilprinces

Answer by 6lilprinces at 2:51 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i forgot to add my boys are 8,7,& 5
    6lilprinces

Answer by 6lilprinces at 2:52 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• no he is only 3 and yes he has had soda b4 but its very rare i can actually say no more than 10 times if that.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• yup i do!! only on special occasions tho, like when we go out for lunch or dinner or something, and even then she usually gets fruitopia..or sprite..but if im having a glass of rootbeer or cream soda or something shes more than welcome to have a couple sips of mine...but i never just give her a cup of it when were home..although if she asked im sure i would..but she prefers milk or juice. i dont deny my daughter anything...im trying to teach her moderation..shes 5..when i was a kid i wasnt allowed anything like that, no junkfood, whatsoever, so i was sneaky with it, and would eat it every chance i got and gained lots of weight..so..yaaa..moderation is the key!! shes never had any cavities, or teeth problems, shes not overweight..soo yaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:10 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• NO, they try it once and they'll always want it. it's bubbled sugar and corn syrup. And nothing more.....! If we're gonna have a treat let's do ice cream at least w/ a little calcium.

If you're at a restaurant you're probably giving them some kind of crap like fries or a grilled cheese w/ kraft singles. That's a treat enough... why add pop (AKA insult) to injusry.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:23 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• oh - my kids are 3 and 4 and have had it once... and only once. my son drank a few dixies cups worth but my daughter found it sickening sweet and was displeased. this was with my lazy bitch mother in law who refused to let them drink from a water fountain, which is what they requested. They'll never drink it again under my watch.... until they're old enough to purchase it themselves and pay to fill their own cavities.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:25 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Not really. I might give her a sip of mine but thats it
    autumnsunris113

Answer by autumnsunris113 at 4:18 AM on Aug. 22, 2009