Ok So what do I do? I think I may have pre eclampsia (again) and my doctor won't listen to me!

I had it with my first My doctor didnt catch it until I was around 36 wks bcz my BP was fine when I went in But I had almost all of the other symptoms. The high BP didn't show up until the last 2 wks. I was induced at 39 wks because of it. Now I am experiencing a lot of the same things and when I try to tell my doctor he just blows me off like I'm an idiot Am I just crazy or do I have it again? If so how the hell do I get my doctor to listen?

My symptoms are swollen feet and ankles Yes normal in pregnancy but I have only had minor swelling until a few days ago & the doubled in size and leave indents for 30+ sec. if you push on them
Headaches (tylonel doesnt help, Ive had them for the last 2-3 weeks)
Extreme lower back pain (more than usual (the last week and a half)
Seeing lights (off and on for a few weeks its like bugs)
and this past week I gained around 8lbs I havent changed my diet and Ive been more active!

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 2:53 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh and The other day I checked my BP at Walmart and it was 148/79. The top number was high but the bottom wasn't. I called my doc. Went in today. My BP was close to the high numbers but not over so they said I was fine. Can my BP be higher in the evening than in the morning? I expecience the headaches more often at night than in the morning. IDK maybe I'm just looking to far into this and its all in my head.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 2:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My doctor said that your BP can change within minutes sometimes. I have all those symptoms as well with my BP fluxuating (sp?) over the last few weeks. Instead of preeclampsia my doctor has told me that I have pregnancy-related hypertension. This is the stage right before preeclampsia, but doesn't mean I will get it 100% just that I have a higher chance. I'd suggest bringing it up with your doctor again, but also asking if it may be hypertension as well. However, if you have a headache that lasts more than 3hrs & you get the spots or become extremely swollen at the same time...go to the ER & let them know all the symptoms leading up to it as well. Good luck mama!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I would ask to have a different doctor when you schedule your next appointment. Just one of your drs partners. I would just say that you would like to meet some of the other doctors before delivery so that if you doc is not on call you can know who you will be seeing.
    Then I would tell the other doctor your symptoms and see what that doc says about it. My cousins doctor missed it with her baby and my cousin was on the verge of kidney failure because of it. Make someone listen to you.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Can you get the equipment to take your readings from home, more often? Maybe it's all in your head-- or not... You can really keep an eye on it better that way, though.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Get a new doctor.
    SugarBE

Answer by SugarBE at 5:04 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• when I was prego with my daughter my dr. told me I wasn't pre eclamptic and then he realized one day that I had Hypotension (bc I passed out in the grocery store) and then the day before she was born a different dr. in the office saw me (bc doc was outta town) and told me that I was pre eclamptic and that I needed to be induced on monday. I never made it to monday bc on saturday she decided to come on her own lol
    kolbiesmommy

Answer by kolbiesmommy at 10:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2009