weight help

ever since i got married im so comfortable in front of my husband i tend to eat more at dinner, since thats really all we eat threw the day. im gaining alot of weight. I need help and advise getting it off.
i even tried signing up for the biggest loser but that didnt happen
please help
im so unhappy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• ymca
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:03 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• When you only eat once a day your body goes into starvation mode and stores all the calories you eat at the one meal into fat. Try eating three small meals and three snacks a day. (Healthy of course) Space them out to no more than 3 hours in between. I know it sounds like you are eating more but by spacing out your eating like this it helps to boost your metabolism. Try to keep your calorie intake between 1200-1500 per day. And excercise. Start slow and increase your endurance. I did all of these things about a year after my daughter was born (I had gained 35 lbs) and have lost that and another 15 more.

Good Luck!

One other thing I did is set up incentives for myself. For every 10lbs I lost I got a pedicure. If you can't afford that, find something that will motivate you so you can recognize each accomplishment of losing pounds.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 8:59 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Like the person above me said, small healthy foods throughtout the day. The biggest mistake people make is starving themselves. Start a fitness program. I don't go to the gym because it gets expensive having to pay membership fees every month and its hard to find the time to go when you have kids. I workout at home with dvd programs and it has worked great for me. Whatever program you choose make sure you do some sort of strength training 3 times a week. Muscle burns fat!
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 9:30 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Diset nad exercise is the best way to go. biggest loser is great to watch ,but not that great in the long run. losing lots of weight fast causes your body to rebound majorly. my grandma's doctor kept putting her on crash diets, now her metabolism's screwed up and she started losing bone density in her spine and had vertebrae replaced. she switched doctors and is doing better now, but slow and steady truly is the best way to go. aim for 1-2 pounds every two weeks. it'll take forever, but your body will not rebound as mch as if you lost more very rapidly. drastic measures should always be your absolute last resort. also, talk to your dr about what type of diet and exercise would work best for you; people lose weight differently, and what works for me won't work for you, and what works for you won't work for the next person. good luck, and don't feel too bad about your weight- skinny isn't any better.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• The answer is really simple: eat less and move more.

Eating: Eat less processed foods and focus on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats. Pay attention to portion sizes and use measuring cups to make sure you don't overeat. Talk to your doctor about finding a nutritionist to help devise a diet.

Exercise: Just move. Walk at least a mile per day. Jog. Join an exercise class. Hire a personal trainer. Get a weight training DVD program. There are always ways to fit exercise into your day.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:51 AM on Aug. 23, 2009