Flu shot and mercury?

If you job required for you to have the shot and you were given the package insert to read first would you still do it?

"3 DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
AFLURIA® is a sterile suspension for intramuscular injection. Each 0.5 mL dose
contains 15 micrograms (mcg) of influenza virus hemagglutinin (HA) from each of
the three influenza virus strains included in the vaccine (see Description [11]).
AFLURIA® is supplied in two presentations:
• 0.5 mL preservative-free, single-dose, pre-filled syringe.
• 5 mL multi-dose vial containing ten doses. Thimerosal, a mercury derivative, is
added as a preservative; each 0.5 mL dose contains 24.5 mcg of mercury."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know my dr said that it was safe to get the flu shot, just to make sure it didn't have any preservatives in it.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• No. But then again I was told by my doctor that all of the flu shots are not recommended for pregnant women in general because of the chance of contracting it fully (like you can at any time you get the flu shot). As a pregnant woman you're more susceptible to getting sick anyways, so it's more dangerous. When it comes to the mercury, I wouldn't know because I don't know what the "safe" limit is. I'd ask your doctor.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• well alot of drs say you should have it pregnant
    If you dont want it dont take it geeze but dont piss and moan when you get the flu
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Geting the flu shot will not make you sick because you aren't getting injected with a live vaccine, meaning it is basically the dead virus you are getting injected with. Most OB/GYN reccommend the flu shot for pregnant patients. That amount of mercury won't be a harm to you or your baby otherwise they wouldn't have it in there.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 22, 2009