How can a man spy on your computer?

I left my husband six months ago, and took my laptop with me. Is there anyway he could be remotely reading anything I write? I had changed my online passwords before I left, but still I wonder... Anyone know about this?

chicanueva

Asked by chicanueva at 6:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't see how, but I'm not an expert. I googled spy on computer and got several responses about spying on computers but an afraid to open any of them, really. Maybe if someone could plant a virus or bot on your computer by way of email or so forth, then they could spy. Call a computer store and ask, or ask your Internet Service Provider, they are professionals and should be able to answer. I'd be curious about what you find out.

Answer by Bmat at 9:46 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Its possible but he'd need to know some rather spiffy tricks in order to do it. Unless he is resourceful and have some money, I wouldn't worry about it. It isn't something the average person would do anyways.
    Alaina623

Answer by Alaina623 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• yes but I'm not a tech person. My friend's bf watches everything on her home computer by remote but she bought a laptop that he doesn't know about.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Thanks, guess I do need to take it to someone who would know. My stbx is, unfortunately, a pretty damn smart engineer. All he does is mess with machinery that is controlled by computers. But, I don't think he could set up something to spy on me remotely without touching my computer. (He disn't know I was going to leave, it wasn't planned. I left while he was still in jail) That's my crazy life.
    chicanueva

Answer by chicanueva at 8:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You should definitely take your computer in to be checked. Your husband could have put key tracking software on it some time before you left, if he is the controlling or suspicious type. My ex-husband did that to me and I didn't find out until a year and half after I left him, when I took my computer in to be serviced. I still don't know when my ex installed the software.
    popcornlover

Answer by popcornlover at 12:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Take your computer to be checked out. There is software out there that he could have installed on your laptop that will tell him every single keystroke you make on your computer and he would read it from his own computer. There is software that is called "accountability" software that sends reports of what web pages you visit, what you search for and everything else. So yeah, go have your computer checked out by a professional.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2009