what is the best and affordable cookware, skillet mostly ?

looking to purchase a new skillet possibly the whole cookware set, wondering what is the best to handle a large family?

rhondamomof5

Asked by rhondamomof5 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I wanted a fold up version but my husband got us a gigantic skillet, it's got walmart stamped on the bottom but it is 2ft long and 18 inches wide, dishwasher safe and I store it upside down with legs up in my cabinet. it's huge, but not a namebrand, I guess...didn't know that til now!
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 1:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I love cast iron. It takes a while to get used to cooking on it, but it heats evenly and everything tastes great out of it. Crackerbarrel sells a skillet for under $20, if I'm not mistaken.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I have stainless steel with bolted handles from revere. My grandmother and mom still had theirs. I also have a cast iron griddle which goes on 2 burners that I love for big breakfasts and a cast iron skillet that I can start on the stove and then place in the oven for casseroles and such
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2008