what do we talk bad about obama and other leaders? that is not what the bible says is it?

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1 Timothy 2:1-4
To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder, a witness of Christ's sufferings and one who also will share in the glory to be revealed: Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers--not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.
CONT..........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe this world to be beyond redemption. I don't believe 2 Chronicles 7:14 applies to any particular nation on earth today, but for the people of God as a whole, who seek a city whose Builder and Maker is God (Hebrews 11:8-16). The things in this world are corruptible and will burn someday, the things of God are eternal. We should pray for all of our leaders, that they will all accept Jesus and "come into the ark" before it is too late. Not because we expect this old cursed world to become a prosperous place, but because we want to see as many people as possible in the perfect new heavens and new earth to come (2 Peter 3:11-13).
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 12:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
    Hebrews 13:7,8

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
    Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
    is the object of our faith; the only faith
    that saves is faith in Him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith.   Obama never spoke the word of God to me, he also is not worthy of imitating.

Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers--not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.This is instructions for Obama, Dont believe he is following them well.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I believe God wants us to follow and respect GODLY leaders! As for the others, respect but question motives and judgement, not follow blindly.

AFter all, Jesus is the KING OF ALL KINGS and his words and doctrine overrule and man made one...right?

(I have no idea why it made that other part bigger.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I do in fact, respect the office of the President of the United States, and I do pray for Obama,and all our leaders daily. However, praying for him to do the right thing,and respecting him and his agendas are two different things. I have no respect for anyone who advocates murdering innocent unborn babies, wants us to become a socialist government,and is clearly not qualified or capable of leading our country. I'm not bashing him,I am just stating my opinions,as I see it. May sound like bashing to his followers,but it's not. It's honesty. However, I pray that God will open his eyes, the blinders will be lifted before it's too late, and he will see how desperate this country's situation truly is,and stop trying to prove whatever it is he feels he needs to. Until that happens, nothing will change,and people will continue to be divided as we are now.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I always think of 2 Chronicles 7:14:"If my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves,and pray,and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive them,and heal their land." Yes, I know He was talking about the nation of Israel, but it applies here,as well. I have a t-shirt with this verse on it, that I proudly wear,and do pray for America,daily.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Even Jesus called the Pharisees a brood of vipers and told them satan was their father. When we see wickedness we have the responsibilty to speak out about it. Obama is a WICKED man trying to pass himself off as a "Christian" when in fact he's nothing more than a wolf in sheep's clothing.

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 1:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• We are called to speak the truth in love and charity.
    cnmnancy

Answer by cnmnancy at 10:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009