Would you be ok with????

The Massachusetts Medical Society reported that the average wait time for a new patient looking for a primary care doctor ranged from 36 to 50 days.

The average time to see an ob-gyn was 70 days in 2009, up from 45 days in 2004.
The average wait to see dermatologists rose to 54 days from 50 during that period
The average wait to see orthopedic surgeons was up to 40 days from 24.

http://www.boston.com/news/health/articles/2009/05/15/waits_to_see_hub_doctors_grow_longer/

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:18 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Pretty scary to think about how long it could take to get medical care, and within that time frame you could be dead. People need to wake up and smell the coffee, this president is an idiot and just out to destroy America. I don't see these democrats having a job come 2012.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I think it depends where you live. I had to wait almost 3 months for my last gyn visit and two months for GI. These were routine visits and GREAT insurance. Of course, I would have been seen immediately for an emergency. So I think your information is misleading since I don't live in massachusetts.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 8:45 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• http://www.merritthawkins.com/pdf/mha2009waittimesurvey.pdf

This is interesting.... In some states people are waiting A LOT LONGER with insurance.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 8:52 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• no, i'm not ok with it, but for the most part, its accurate. i think, though, obgyn usually sees patients for the first time (after positively testing) around 4-6wks in my part of the state (arkansas). sometimes, if you have resources and can drive a bit further than your local docs, just calling around can net you a sooner appt.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:01 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Misleading? Because you don't live in Mass??? The point is what state UHC did to the medical. Of course that is just the tip of the iceberg did to the state.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• And your point is?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I believe the point is that you can expect worse than that on a national scale if we were to pass public option in UHreform.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Carpy
    Your reply does not make any kind of sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• What is wrong for waiting to have your doctors appointment in non-emergency situations?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• God forbid you have something that doesn't qualify as an emergency and you have to wait 3 months to be seen. Then of course you have to be referred to a specialists which will also have a waiting list. Some kinds of illnesses would kill you before you had a chance to see the right Dr. to get diagnosed, get a treatment plan and have that approved by the powers that be. I think a lot of people will die waiting for adequate care. I guess it already happens, this will just be on a much larger scale.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Aug. 22, 2009