How to clean the litter box pad?

You know that mat you put outside the litter box for the cats to wipe their paws? It's really rough in texture and easy to dirty. My dumb cat keeps pooping on it. How do I clean it? There's a lot of litter in the cracks so if I wet it, it'll probably get hard or mushy.

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 9:10 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pets

• do you have an outside spigot with a hose and spray nozzle? take it outside and spray the heck out of it. if it needs it, scrub it with scrub brush and some baking soda sprinkled on the mat. it's hot enough outside it should be dry enough after a few hours hanging up. good luck!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Here is what I do.. We buy those puppy training pads and put a couple of those under the litter box. They are big enough that they spread out all around the outside perimeter of the box so when she gets in and out any excess litter falls on it and not the floor. I keep her box in the laundry room under the sink. Then, I can just pick them up and throw them away whenever Im changing the litter box. (which by the way, I love the cat pan liners for if you havent seen those yet)

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009