my poor baby is sick!

my son is 8 months old. he is teething but has been for a while and has been fine. for the past 2 days his eye water and are red. he has a lot of snot. he just look horrible he doesnt sleep good and he has a hard time finishing a 4 oz bottle. Do u think its his teeth or something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like a virus. Try to use a humidifier in his room when he is sleeping. You could always go into the bathroom, shut the door, and sit with him on the floor with the hot water running in the shower. This will help to losen up the snot. Sit in there for as long as you can stand it. Then get out the bulb syringe and do the best you can getting the snot out. This will help before a feeding so he can breath a little better through his nose. It could take a few days to a few weeks getting over a viral illness. Take him to the doctors immediately if he starts getting extremely sleepy, not wanting to eat, and having a decrease in urine output.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• its so hard to tell when they are that little. i dont think it would hurt to run him to the pedi and have him checked out if its possible for you. my now one year old seemed to have a cold like every other week. its not fun and they look so miserable. im sorry, hope he feels better soon
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• allergies?
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 10:58 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• If the snot is clear or colorless then I wouldn't worry too much. . . as the other moms have said. . . use a humidifer, bulb syringe, and elevate the head of the bed. It's probably just a virus and there isn't much that can be done for that. If the snot it yellow or green then I'd call the doctor because it is most likely an infection.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2009