Age to start preschool?

My daughter is 27 mos. what age is best to start preschool? My friend started her daughter at 24 mos. My husband said she's learning so much at home with me and the rest of the family that we can wait until 3 yrs. I was told by the pediatrician that Mads is talking like a 3 yr. old now. She has full conversations with you, with multiple sentences, not just a word or two, full sentences!! She can count 1-13 and can say her ABC's straight thru. Occassionally she misses a letter but she says it correct almost everytime. She knows shapes. We are working on the colors and gets them right 50% of the time. We read all the time and go to the library several times a week. I'm NOT being a crazy mom with trying to create a prodigy either. I'm just trying to teach her the basics. So I feel my husband is right and she's getting a great education at home, preschool can wait. Money is always a factor, so...Thoughts?

deniselvt

Asked by deniselvt at 11:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 3 year old daughter starts preschool next week. I put her in a class that's only two days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day. However, I am doing it more for socialization, since she is an only child, then for actual learning.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• IMO age 4 is best for sending to preschool --- if at all!!! Preschool is just a way to getting your kid use to a school setting & prepping them for kindergarten, it teaches them how to act in a class setting -- to lisnen to the teacher, how to treat other kids with respect, sharing, ect... Some kids needs preschool if they have not accomplished the learning part of it in time, but most kids do that naturally if they have a supporting parent around...or sometimes its good to send them if you think your child will need time adjusting to the socialization or preparing them to say bye to mommy easier.. Preschool is better to "iron out" everything without messing up the teachers schedule for the day.. once a kid gets to Kindergarten they are expected NOT to interrupt class all day long crying for mommy. ..

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I asked the same question yesterday except my son just turned two ! He uses full sentences two and counts to 10 but hes an only child and theres no other kids in my area so im doing it dor socializing !
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my first DD started a Mothers Day Out program at 2 and will be in preschool this year she's 4
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2009