a few questions?..

My DD is almost 8 wks old,

what kind of things can I do to play with her and keep her entertained?, also what kinds of things should she be doing on her own?

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 11:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• at that age, mine really liked looking at black and white pictures. spending time w/ her is the best way to keep her happy and entertained. try contacting your school district or wic offices about parents as teachers- they make home visits, teach you things to do with your baby, and tell you about each developmental milestone. We love having them come out, b/c we live way out, and the lo doesn't get a lot of interaction during the week other than mommy and daddy.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• there's a website, babycenter.com, go there and input the info about your baby, they'll email you each week with an update on what most kids her age are doing. but remember not all babies do the same thing at exactly the same time. when my son was 8 weeks old, we read to him, played peek-a-boo, and did tummy time. being so young, your options are rather limited in playing. read to him and def talk to him. the more you talk to him and engage with him, the better his social skills will be later on in life. Good luck!!!
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 2:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• At that age all I did was lie her on her back and show her a toy and I would hold it up high and say "look at this sheep! up in the sky up in the sky" then bring it towards her and tickle her face and say "and down for a kissss!!!"
    Seriously I spent 2 or 3 months playing that same game every day and she never got bored of it lol
    My jaw got tired of making the big silly smile while I did it but it was so worth it to see her giggling and getting so excited
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• oh and doing on her own? Nothing really. Trying to hold her head up when on her tummy I think. My girl wouldnt really do it till4 months, shed just get angry.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2009