Photography

I am wanting to do my family's 'professional' photos myself. I am an amateur so i was hoping for some ideas and advice. I have a 2 1/2 year old, a 10 month old, and im 31 weeks pregnant. I also am married.

stampmama

Asked by stampmama at 11:22 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I tried to do this a couple years ago and it did NOT work well. I was the only one looking at the camera since there was no one behind it to say "look here!". It was just a terrible fiasco...lol The pictures were terrible in a funny way.
    So last year I had a friend of mine come over and she used my camera and BG's and such and took our pictures. I did all the work of moving lights around after checking the pictures and since it was my camera I got to do all my own editing. The pictures turned out great and everyone was looking at the camera ;)
    So if you can set everything up and show someone how to use your camera, I think it might work better. Or do some practice runs with the kids and yourself to see how they turn out using the self timer and tripod. Work out the kinks before rounding up the whole family in their Sunday best.

Good Luck!
    ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2009