Where do kid sizes end for little boy shoes?

My son is 3. He is in a size 11 shoe but is growing out of them quickly. None of the stores around here sell anything bigger than a 10. So we have to drive to the city to by his shoes.

At what point do kids switch to adult sizes? Or how high to kid sizes go? Maybe I can't find the right size because it's time for him to switch. But he's only 3. Is that really possible that he's in adult sizes already?

He's also in a 5/6T which are also hard to find. When do I switch to the boy sizes and not T and what is the equivilant... Like is a 6T a small in boys or something else...

Thanks!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:37 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Toddler sizes go from 3 to 13 and then kids sizes go from 1 to 5 (at least for girls) and then adult sizes start. Not sure what it is for boys. My son is almost 8 and wears a kids size 3.
    My older girls are 9 and almost 7 and wear a 13 and a 12 1/2. My 3yo dd wears a 9 or 9 1/2.
    As for clothes he can probably shop in the boys section now. They usually start at size 5. My son started shopping in it when he was 3 and in a 5T. It was hard because they don't always have little kid cartoons on the clothes though (and he so loved Bob the Builder when he was 3).
    I buy clothes for my 3yo dd in the girls section. She wears a 4T or a 5 slim and a 4/5 shirt. She's wearing clothes her older sister wore to kindergarten.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• that is SO FUNNY u ask. I am right on the cusp w/ my son right now and it's slightly confusing for me. There's nooooo decent stores anywhere near me so I buy all our shoes on zappos.... and it's a weird thing starting over in the #'s!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2009